BiCon Continuity is now critically short of Directors and will not be able to continue unless we get some new people. Without Continuity it would be very difficult to keep BiCon's money in the community and available to run BiCons.
Directors of BiCon Continuity are elected from among our members at annual general meetings, which generally happen during or close to BiCon itself. However we can also “co-opt” Directors in between BiCons when we need to as we do now. Co-opted directors would then need to be elected at the next AGM. Elected Directors serve for three years and can then seek re-election.
We are very low on Directors at the moment so we need to co-opt new Directors now, so we are asking for applications. Applicants will need to be members of Continuity before they can be Directors but if you’re not already a member, there is information below on how to become one.
Directors do a range of jobs but not everybody is expected to do all of them.
Essential (you need to do all of these)
- Attending the majority of our online monthly meetings
- Attending the AGM online or in person at BiCon
- Take an active part in discussion with and about BiCon teams
- Helping decide on applications for small grants
- Participate in anti-racism and other equalities work
Desirable (you need to do some but not all of these)
- Filing accounts with Companies House once a year in August
- Filing a confirmation statement with Companies House in November
- Sending an annual return to the Charities Commission in September
- Running our AGM, usually at or near BiCon in August
- Reporting to our members and the BiCon community at BiCon
- Registering changes of Directors with Companies House and the Charities Commission
- Being a bank signatory
- Some admin dealing with organisations that process donations
If the basics are covered there may also be scope to do other things you are interested in but these are the essential things Continuity needs to do.
You do not need to have been a BiCon organiser to become a Director of BiCon Continuity.
To apply or find out more please email email@example.com